Car seat cover are one of the most important car interior accessories that not only enhance the car decor, but provide comfort and safety as well. The car seat covers protect the seats from dirt, stains and wear and tear. There are different types of car seat cover available in various designs, patterns, colors and fabrics. Car seat cover can be purchased online or from any retail store.
Types of car seat covers
Custom fit seat covers:
Custom fit seat covers are the most common ones. These can be customized or tailored fit as per the buyer’s requirements. Equipments like seat belts, ergonomic controls, headrest and airbags don’t obstruct seat customization.
Semi custom seat covers:
Semi-custom seat covers are cheaper than the custom fit seat covers, and suit all seats of a specific car model. However, these shouldn’t be used on vehicles with side-impact airbags.
Universal seat covers:
Universal seat covers suit all types of car seats, and that’s the reason why these are widely used on most cars in India and other parts of the world. These are easy to use and install, and very affordable too.
Few factors that one needs to consider while purchasing seat covers and other car accessories in India or elsewhere.
- Make sure that it complements the interior of the car such as door panels, carpet and console.
- Select comfortable, stain resistant and washable seat covers.
- Use durable seat covers, if you often drive for long journey or on poor roads.
- Select suitable type of seat covers. For example, if your vehicle has a side impact airbag or seat headrest, then you can use universal or semi custom seat covers.
- If you often change your car’s seat covers, then buy an inexpensive one.
- Choose the best quality leather seat covers, if you want them to last for long or enhance interior decor of your car.
- Select the suitable material or fabric as there are various types of seat cover materials such as Neoprene, Ballistic Nylon, Velour, Leather, Suede, Tweed, Saddle Blanket etc.